Weekly Event Planning 2017 Part 2

Feel free to discuss about anything here!
pochp
Administrator
Administrator

Weekly Event Planning 2017 Part 2

Postby pochp » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:31 am

Hi everyone. With new games, new patches, and new players on the horizon, I felt like it would be a good opportunity to review what we do on Fridays. I'll list out a few options, and explain a few things, but if you have any preferences please write them out. We're doing this on sankishin instead of discord so that messages aren't lost in the flow of conversation.

Option 1.
-no tournaments at weeklies. perhaps a few teaching/lesson sessions.
-double elim tournaments at monthlies for BB, GG, Unist
pros : easiest to organize. easy to add in random events too (ragna only tournament, teams, etc.)
cons : might give people less incentive to go to meetups
idk : jimmy gets to keep streaming golf

Option 2.
-double elim tournament at weeklies, rotating game. (ex: week 1 gg, week 2 uni, week 3 uni, week 4 gg, etc.)
pros : easier for people who focus on a specific game to know which meetups to go do
cons : might discourage people from going when they don't care about the game being run. also might be redundant with monthlies.

Option 3.
-single elim tournaments at weeklies. teams when it's the day before a monthly.
pros : more time for casuals, more incentive for people to show up at each meetup.
cons : some people are less favorable to single elim tournaments. I think with the monthlies though, it makes the weeklies a warm up for the double elim monthly ones in some sort.

Other options
-Small pool of player round robins for a couple games.
-Danisen League
-Series of lessons (ex: how to watch and learn from match videos, how to plan an offense, how to play vs x character, coaching/advice sessions)
-Exhibitions (either one player and everyone FT3s him, or pre-determined FT5s so people can prepare matchups or w/e)

Please give your input on what you'd prefer and why. Also don't hesitate to suggest new ideas. Anyway even if we start with a specific option it doesn't mean we can't adapt to circumstances and change a few things or even the whole plan to something else down the road. All this said, I'm still planning on doing more effort on the teaching side, starting this Friday. I'll see how that goes and how to (and how much to) integrate this with the rest of the event planning.

DaisyFan
Intermediate
Main: Platinum The trinity/ Cross-bone X2
PSN: DaisyFan or DaisyFanJP

Re: Weekly Event Planning 2017 Part 2

Postby DaisyFan » Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:55 pm

Is Danisen League the same kind of ranking system they use in arcade in japan? i think you guys try that once, I'm interested in that.
I think Option 1 is very great and some Series of lessons too.

KHMxSpider
Intermediate
Main: BBCF: Hakumen/Mai
UNIEL: Chaos
GGXRDR: Sin
MBAACC: C-Roa
DFCI: Tatsuya
Blade Arcus: Fenrir
Koihime Enbu: Chouun
ABK: Adler
PSN: KHMxSpider

Postby KHMxSpider » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:46 am

jirais avec option 1.

jpeu amener mon gamecapture/laptop si tu veux que sa soit recorded/streamer. si jimmy hug la main station.

genre on peut faire une station a best of 3(or 5)
tu commentate le match(or not), apres tu donne ton feedback en rapport au matchup. then rotate with 2 other new players. comme sa il peut rechecker les videos avec les conseils ta dit.

les monthlies etaient kind of remplacer par redbull proving grounds. mais on peut refaire sa les vendredis. vu que plus de monde showup friday que a redbull. could restart end of August.

pochp
Administrator
Administrator

Postby pochp » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:05 am

Non vendredi c trop court pour faire les monthlies, si on veut faire des double elim tournaments. On peut continuer a aller a ceux de sf tant que c pas en mm temps que autre chose lol

KHMxSpider
Intermediate
Main: BBCF: Hakumen/Mai
UNIEL: Chaos
GGXRDR: Sin
MBAACC: C-Roa
DFCI: Tatsuya
Blade Arcus: Fenrir
Koihime Enbu: Chouun
ABK: Adler
PSN: KHMxSpider